We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are my own.
February is already here! I wanted to get the February fruit of the month post in early since the January one was just last week. I plan on doing these at the first of each month and trying out several recipes for you throughout the month!
Guys this recipe is seriously amazing. I have been drinking it like crazy. After my run today in the 70 degree weather that Kansas is having right now….umm What?!? Yeah crazy weather around here. Anyhow, it was so refreshing and really hit the spot as a post workout treat that helped me refuel. The cinnamon with the pear really makes it taste more like dessert!
10 Health Benefits of Pears
- One of the highest fiber fruits
- Contains folate for nursing moms
- Vitamins C, K, B2, B3, and B6
- Pears contain boron, which our bodies need in order to retain calcium, so this fruit can also be linked to prevention of osteoporosis
- The phytonutrients found in pears have been associated with preventing stomach cancer
- It is Hypoallergenic! – meaning those with lots of sensitivities usually don’t have a problem with pears!
- Quercetin is another antioxidant found in the skin of pears. Can help reduce blood pressure!
- Low calorie fruit – 58 calories per 100g
- Aids in prevention of macular degeneration
- Curbs that sweet tooth (mine is the worst!!!)
February Fruit of the Month Recipe
I absolutely love starting my day with a green smoothie. This naturally sweet smoothie really helps out with my sweet tooth without the guilt!
Cinnamon Pear Green Smoothie
1/2 Banana (frozen)
3/4 cup light almond milk
1 cup baby spinach
Place all in blender and blend until smooth!
I recommend doing at least a frozen banana to help with chilliness as well as thickness. You can always use a fresh banana though and add in some ice.
Get Your Equipment Here!