We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you all but during the winter and especially January I find getting in my fresh produce to be a challenge. That’s why I have decided to do a fruit of the month post each month this year. The goal of these articles will be to give you a new fruit that is in season to try each month and let you in on all the amazing benefits of each fruit. I also plan on adding in a recipe with the fruit as well. The January fruit of the month is Kiwi fruit!
10 Health Benefits of Kiwi
- More vitamin C than an orange
- Aids in digestion
- Improves respiratory function
- Glowing skin
- Powerhouse of vitamins and minerals
- High in fiber
- Supports weight loss with low glycemic index
- Has fewer pesticides compared to other fruits
- Aids in prevention of macular degeneration
- Curbs that sweet tooth (mine is the worst!!!)
January Fruit of the Month Recipe
I absolutely love starting my day with a green smoothie. What’s better this green smoothie is extra green because of the kiwi and it is also super simple!!
1 Kiwi Fruit
1 Banana (frozen)
3/4 cup light almond milk
1 cup baby spinach
Place all in blender and blend until smooth!
I recommend doing at least a frozen banana to help with chilliness as well as thickness. You can always use a fresh banana though and add in some ice.
Get Your Equipment Here!