We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are my own.
A few of my favorite things….
Peanut butter ✔
Peanut butter and bananas ✔
banana bread ✔
When I stumbled upon this recipe for peanut butter banana bread protein bars from He and She Eat Clean I knew I had to try it out. It basically combines a bunch of my favorite things into one nice clean healthy protein bar.
Getting enough protein
With following the if it fits your macros and the carb cycling lifestyle I tend to struggle to get in enough protein throughout the day. Therefore, I’m always looking for healthy clean recipes that will help me up my protein intake for the day that isn’t a shake. These bars my friends, fit the bill in that department.
The recipe ingredients
At first glance it looks like this recipe is complicated and has a bunch of ingredients. Don’t run away yet!
It looks like there are a bunch of ingredients but since this is basically a baked good there really aren’t that many crazy ingredients and most of them you should already have in your pantry so stop making excuses for not making these right now!
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (grind your own by putting oats in a food processor or blender)
- 2 scoops vanilla or unflavored whey protein powder (I use Isopure)
- 2 Tbsp nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites (or 3/4 cup liquid egg whites)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 8 oz unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash banana and set aside. Melt peanut butter, if needed, and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix wet ingredients together in a medium size bowl (including banana and peanut butter)
- Add the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl and mix together
- Spray 8X8 dish with non-stick spray and add batter to the dish
- Bake for 25-28 minutes
- You must refrigerate these after baking!!
Here is the Protein powder that I love and use in everything!
Nature’s Best Natural Isopure – 3lbs Natural Vanilla