First of all, this Chicken Fajitas meal prep for the week reminds me of that time I was in Mexico running on the beach…..
Yeah can I go back there to run? Kansas just doesn’t hold anything to running on a beach. Don’t get me wrong I love where I live and what it has to offer in the simplicity here but sometimes…yupe wishful thinking.
Chicken Fajitas Meal Prep
This week I decided to do one of my favorite meal prep recipes, Chicken Fajitas. These are so darn tasty and easy to make! I also love that they are very versatile too. Therefore, I make salads, burritos, burrito bowls, or just eat them plain with the veggies and add a salad on the side. You can make up some quinoa or rice to go along with them for the bowl. Then, you add in a little greek yogurt or cilantro lime yogurt dressing and you are set to go!
If I could pick my favorite way to eat this it would definitely be as a burrito. However, during the low carb days of my carb cycling a burrito isn’t really an option so I will go for the salad.
BTW…Has anyone else tried the Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings? I love these things. Currently in my fridge I have the ranch, creamy caesar, creamy balsamic, and the salsa ranch.
My favorite Chicken Fajitas recipe is one that I adapted from Taste of home. It has a great marinade that keeps the chicken nice and juicy with just the right amount of flavor!
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium white onion, julienned
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- 2. In a large nonstick electric skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining 1 tbsp oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
Get Your Equipment Here!
p style=”text-align: center;”>