Oh my goodness! You guys have to try this new recipe. It is amazing! I am always on the lookout for quick, easy, and healthy recipes. Freezer friendly that can be portioned out and ready for the microwave straight from the freezer are also a huge plus for me. Well this recipe has all of those qualities! I found this Healthy Chicken Margherita Pasta recipe on Once a Month meals and tried it out the other day.
Here is the picture that they have of it. Mine looked pretty darn close to this. I only made a few modifications!
Second I changed the amount of chicken and tomatoes and increased the number of servings!
- 1 box Barilla Whole Grain Penne
- 24 oz cook and dice Chicken, Boneless Breasts
- 1.5 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chop Basil, Fresh
- 2 cup halve Grape Tomatoes
- 1 cups Mozzarella Cheese, 2%, Shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and basil.
- Gently fold in grape tomatoes and half of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to a glass baking dish, top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, covered, 350F for 15 minutes until heated through.
- Divide between 8 microwavable and freezer friendly containers. Freeze
- To re-heat, place in microwave for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.