Last night I tried out a new recipe on the husband, cheesy mashed cauliflower only healthy….I was skeptical I have to admit. The recipe that I followed actually called it Skinny Mashed Cauliflower and said it was a mashed potato substitute. Mine didn’t turn out quite like mashed potatoes but it was de-lish non the less. The recipe is from www.skinnymom.com and it was fabulous! I absolutely loved it and so did the husband. I’m not a huge cauliflower fan but this was amazing. Okay now that I’ve gone on and on and on about it here is the recipe!
Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
Course: Side Dishes
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 35 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
- 1 head cauliflower trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower heads to florets. Boil on medium-high heat with chicken broth and water until VERY soft (about 10-15 minutes), stir occasionally.
- Drain and return to pan. Mash well (to desired level of smoothness) and stir in remaining ingredients. (I kept mine a little more chunky and loved it)
- Put into a round 1½ quart baking dish (I used mini-casserole dishes for picture purposes), cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving